Saturday, July 16, 2011

How do i get involved in American Football?

Im 16 years old, i live in England and i love american football. I play rugby now, and have done for many years, and i am extremely good - I play for the regional (state) team and i have been offered a place at a professional academy. I have always been involved in rugby, but i think that my style of play would be much better suited to american football. I play winger in rugby as i am pretty big, fast, and extremely powerful. My best traits would definitely be my running power, my hand off (stiff arm) and my power in tackling. I have an unusually great ability to beat defenders, which is why i score so many tries (touchdowns) - I have 18 in 7 games for my club (a club record for tries per match!) and last year i scored 4 in 3 games for the regional team. I have been likened on many occasions to a young 'Jonah Lomu' because of the way i can both smash through and pace defenders. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enu845TMtjQ ). Another player who i have been likened to, and actually more so than lomu is 'Greg Inglis' , ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfr7NGMKGJk ) Who as it happens has recieved serious interested from numerous nfl teams. Although my abilities have helped me succeed in rugby so far, i feel that there will come i time when i will not be able to go any further as some of my skills let me down. I am not the most technically perfect player in the world and i have a bit off a poor pass aswell as a poor kick. Also my tackling technique is not so good either as i tend to aim high which is against the rules in rugby. As i said earlier, i think that when you take into account all of my abilities, it seems to me that american football could be a better future career path to choose. I want to know first of all: how could i get into the sport? What position i would be best suited to play and how good would i be at that position? And from the info provided, how high a level could i possibly achieve? Please no pointless hate answers as i am trying to accurate, serious answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment